Glasgow – Hybrid.
Dependent on experience.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Full Stack / WordPress Theme Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in developing custom WordPress themes, as well as proficiency in front-end and back-end web development technologies. You will be responsible for creating visually appealing and functional websites that meet our clients’ requirements. Attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and a passion for delivering high-quality work are essential for this role.
- Develop custom WordPress themes from scratch, ensuring adherence to best practices and coding standards.
- Collaborate with our in house designers & front-end development team to implement their visual concepts into functional websites.
- Customise existing WordPress themes and plugins to meet specific project needs.
- Implement and integrate third-party APIs and services as required.
- Optimise website performance and ensure cross-browser compatibility.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging to ensure seamless functionality.
- Collaborate with the project team, including designers, content creators, and other developers, to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest web development trends and technologies.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack / WordPress Theme Developer or similar role.
- Strong proficiency in WordPress theme development, including custom theme creation and customisation.
- Experience with PHP and MySQL for back-end development.
- Familiarity with responsive web design and mobile-friendly development.
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Understanding of SEO best practices and website optimisation techniques.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Experience with popular WordPress frameworks (e.g., Genesis, Divi, Avada).
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks and libraries (e.g., Bootstrap, React, Vue.js).
- Knowledge of server-side languages and frameworks (e.g., Node.js, Laravel).
- Experience with e-commerce platforms and integrations (e.g., WooCommerce).
- Understanding of UX/UI principles and usability concepts.
Why work for us?
- Hybrid and flexible working
- Pension contribution
- Professional development budget
- Values-led team culture
- Bonus day off on birthday
If you are a skilled developer looking for an exciting opportunity to work on diverse projects and contribute to the success of our clients, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and any relevant code samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
31st Aug 2023
Note: No agencies or recruiters please.
Studio Form is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.